[Studinfo] Fwd: ACM Student Scholarship for help with translations!

Wolfgang Effelsberg effelsberg at informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Fr Mär 25 14:17:18 CET 2011

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	ACM Student Scholarship for help with translations!
Datum: 	Fri, 25 Mar 2011 05:55:56 -0700
Von: 	Local_Activities Utility <local_activities at HQ.ACM.ORG>
Antwort an: 	Local_Activities Utility <local_activities at HQ.ACM.ORG>
An: 	ACM-EDUCATORS-EUROPE at LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Dear Computer Science Faculty Members,

We need your help! The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the
largest educational and scientific society for computing professionals
and students worldwide, is interested in bringing more technical
activities to Europe. For example, we would like to set up ACM Student
Chapters in Europe, have more lectures at European universities, more
conferences, etc. Our immediate need, however, is translation, into
other languages of a few of the information pages on our website
regarding the chartering of ACM Student Chapters. We would like to
request your assistance in promoting this to your students. As thanks
for the translations, students will be rewarded with an ACM Student
Scholarship that will cover the cost of a conference registration fee
and subsistence costs for the ACM Special Interest Group conference of
your choice that is being held in Europe. The travel grant will be for
$500.00 USD. Below is a listing of some of the upcoming ACM Special
Interest Group conferences in Europe:

April 6th-10^th

LavalVirtual '11: International Conference on Virtual Reality

LAVAL, France

April 7th-8^th

CSERC '11: Computer Science Education Research Conference

Heerlen, Netherlands

April 10^th

3DOR '11: Eurographics 2011 Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval

Llandudno, United Kingdom

April 10th-11^th

EGPGV '11: Eurographics 2011 Symposium on Parallel Graphics and
Visualization

LLandudno , Wales Uk

April 10th-13^th

EuroSys '11: Sixth EuroSys Conference 2011

Salzburg, Austria

April 10th-15^th

FirstInternational Spring Schoolon Declarative Agent Languages and
Technologies

Bertinoro, Italy

April 10th-15^th

ThirdInternational Spring Schoolon Computational Logic

Bertinoro, Italy

April 11th-12^th

EUCogII Conference "Embodiment - Fad or Future?"

Pylaia, Greece

If you’re interested, please let me know and I will send you the details
of the pages needing translating, or if you’re interested in setting up
an ACM Student Chapter at your university, please let us know.

I look forward to your reply.

Samantha Goldberg

ACM Local Activities Department

To unsubscribe: